January 17, 2008

You Want Me to Trash What?

I am beyond torn on this idea...

Apparently, the newest and coolest thing out there is for brides to put their gowns back on after their big day, grab their photographers, and roll around in a variety of substances, trying to capture the 'perfect picture.' And, of course, the appropriately named phenomenon is-

...Trash the Dress...

Ok, so I half understand this. Your gown sits in your closet for all of eternity, never to see the light of day again. Why not make the most out of the designer duds and capture gorgeous pictures, right? I mean, some of the pictures are stunning.


But some pictures are just plain creepy. Like...lighting yourself on fire. That is so not "Hot!"

Some brides have done this and captured amazing photos. But the thought of rolling around in wet sand in a $10,000 gown kind of freaks me out. Also, the thought of subjecting my sacred wedding dress to arson kind of freaks me out. Eh. To each his own, I suppose.

*x*O*x*O*

No comments: